Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shoulda learned to color

When I was a kid I hated coloring. The crayons smelled weird and I hated the scratchy paper wrapped around em. So instead of coloring I picked up a marker and started drawing. Rarely did I ever sketch stuff out (really I just started doing that at age 31, after watching Scott Neely do it it clicked......idiot, why did I wait so long). As a kid I just started drawing with whatever and left most things black and white. I think it shows in my work that I never had a firm grasp of color on the page (also most of my art teachers would agree I had no firm grasp of art at all.......maybe thats why I failed ever art class I took, really, all of em, ask Baxter, Ashbridge or Cipriano, they'll tell you.......remember my Ballsac the Jaws of Death sculpture from Gwar or our public service message S.U.K.- Support Unemployed Klowns). So on this one I said, damn you Johnny, you're gonna learn to color and thats all there is to it........then I lost faith again and stopped. Looking back, I like where I was going with it and maybe I shoulda finished it. Stupid art teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment