Thursday, March 1, 2012

Freddy vs Johnny





Next to my computer is a Freddy mask I made 2 years ago? I think it was 2 years ago.....anyway I always wanted to make a Freddy mask. I think my sculpting style (if you agree that I have one) lends itself to Freddy. I loved digging in and creating all his grooves and melty looking detail. What happened was, there was a Nightmare on Elm Street theme at the one convention me and Jesse were gonna get a table at. So he got to work on building some New Nightmare gloves (which was Freddy's hand in New Nightmare), and  I decided I wanted to make a Freddy mask. Nightmare on Elm Street was never really "my" franchise though. I've watched em a hundred times each, love the series but Friday the 13th is "my" franchise of choice. So when choosing what Freddy to sculpt it was really a no brainer to me. I loved that little scene in Freddy vs Jason where he was full on demon Fred. So thats the one I went with.....was it a success? No, not really, people liked it but I never sold one. So now he stares me down everytime I hop online. Little side note, I like my sclupt more than my finished mask.....Just like with my drawings I love black and white, shadows and light are more interesting to me than color. ( thats why I have multiple sculpture shots instead of multiple mask shots)

No comments:

Post a Comment